Commercial lighting fixtures are a key component to your lighting design. The light fixture holds the light bulb (or multiple light bulbs) in a commercial space.
From track lighting to troffers, we’re explaining the types of commercial lighting fixtures we sell so you can decide what you need before you buy.
Types of commercial lighting fixtures
- Ceiling fans – Do you need a ceiling fan for your restaurant or hotel? Ceiling fans can create a more comfortable atmosphere that feels like home for your guests.
- Decorative – From simple flush mounts to fancier pendants, decorative fixtures can add a little flair to your lighting design.
- Downlight – Downlights are also called recessed can or can lights. They can provide an even spread of light over a wider area, or a narrow spotlight in a smaller area. As you might expect, downlights point light down toward the ground.
- Emergency lighting – Exit signs and emergency lights might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of lighting fixtures, but they’re critical to your safety plan. Exit signs are helpful for customers on an everyday basis. During an emergency, exit signs and emergency lights can point people in the right direction to leave the building.
- Industrial – Industrial fixtures may look a little rugged for a hotel lobby, but work great in warehouses, gymnasiums, car dealerships, some big box stores, or back of house areas. These include high bay fixtures where HIDs or LED replacements are common.
- Outdoor – Quality outdoor lighting can improve how your customers or employees feel before they have walk inside a commercial building. From floodlights to wall packs, commercial exterior light fixtures are also essential for your security plan.
- Surface – Surface fixtures fit tight to the ceiling. They work well in transitional areas like hallways.
- Strip – Strip lighting consists of basic, low-cost fixtures that can give a high lumen output for a smaller fixture. They’re often used in warehouse and retail stores, or other large areas. Strip lights can also be suspended.
- Task – Task lighting fixtures are great for undercabinet light or jewelry cases. Task lighting is important for work productivity and is generally a smaller form factor so it can easily fit in small spaces.
- Track – Track lighting fixtures are great to illuminate or spotlight specific items or products. They’re often used for artwork, or to highlight accent pieces in a retail store or lobby of a hotel or commercial office.
- Troffer – If you’re in a commercial office right now, you can look up and likely see a troffer. Troffers are extremely common in applications that use fluorescent lighting, like schools, healthcare facilities, and some retail stores. Troffers can house either fluorescent or LED light bulbs. They are most likely rectangular or square.
- Wraps – Wrap lighting fixtures are another budget-friendly option for even general lighting in a space. These can be used in schools, offices, and retail locations. The basic fixtures work well for all-around illumination.
Components of commercial lighting fixtures
Commercial lighting fixtures can also have pieces or components fail over time. From sockets to tube guards, we also carry many of these fixture components.
- Plastics – There are some areas where broken light tubes could cause big problems. Think of a restaurant or food prep area. Tube guards and end caps slip over fluorescent light bulbs so that if a tube does break, the glass does not fall in the wrong place, plus it controls mercury found in these light bulbs. Tube guards also come in various colors to easily change the color of a tube.
- Sockets – Sockets are not a type of a fixture, but they are an important part of the fixture. Fluorescent sockets can either be shunted or non-shunted. We explain how to tell what you need in our blog post.
Questions about lighting fixtures
If you cannot find the product you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our lighting specialists will answer your questions via message, phone call, or using the chat in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Regency Lighting has been a national lighting distributor since 1983. With decades of experience, we let our values drive our focus and every interaction. We also have seven sales and distribution locations across the U.S. to better meet your lighting needs.
Out of stock36W LED Outdoor Wallpack - Cool White (4000K)$1,000.12
Out of stock36W LED Outdoor Wallpack - Cool White (4000K)$1,011.50
Out of stockLinear High Bay - Cool White (4000K)$1,136.41
Out of stock60W LED Outdoor Wallpack - Cool White (4000K)$1,306.40
Out of stock50W LED Outdoor Wallpack - Cool White (4000K)$1,333.80
Out of stock50W LED Outdoor Wallpack - Daylight (5000K)$1,333.80
Out of stockLinear High Bay - Daylight (5000K)$1,382.60
Out of stockLinear High Bay - Daylight (5000K)$1,386.27
Out of stock60W LED Outdoor Wallpack - Daylight (5000K)$1,502.38
Out of stock75W LED Outdoor Wallpack - Daylight (5000K)$1,517.18
Out of stock60W LED Outdoor Wallpack - Daylight (5000K)$1,564.87
Out of stockEmergency Light - Gray$1,606.04